Volunteers of The New Hartford History is a volunteer organization. The Society has over 40 staffs giving tours of the house and assist patrons use of the library and our archives. Volunteers have spent countless hours indexing our holdings and it is their work that has made this web site possible.
Much help is needed to maintain the Society as a strong and vital organization. Volunteers can assist the Society by:
- Becoming docents (such volunteers must attend a training session at which they will be given training materials);
- Assisting with office work and follow-up phone calls;
- Conducting house remodeling (provide home designs, give interior design ideas, assist families who wishes for remodel, find suitable and cheap materials);
- Assisting with grounds maintenance; helping to develop an annotated index of the New Hartford Tribune;
- Becoming a volunteer on the day of our next House & Garden Tour (June 15, 2016)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please message us through our website.
There are many ways that you can help the Society.
New Hartford History House Remodeling Society 2016 Wish List
- A New Roof
- A New Boiler
- Lumber and Labor for a New Front Porch
- A New Computer with Windows XP
SNET Community Connections
- Raise money with every long distance call you make!
- The Society will get 5% of every dollar you spend on
- SNET long distance calling.
- At absolutely no extra cost to you.
Sign up today!
- Other ways you can help
- Do you have a green thumb? We need landscaping and gardening assistance.
- Do you have a special skill?
- Do you have a special interest?
- Do you have artifacts or other items to donate?
- Do you have computer skill? We need assistance entering data into a computerized data base.
- Volunteers for special events.
- Can’t think of a way – call the Society